Friday, January 25, 2013

Christmas # 2

Although it wasn't very much fun not having Beth and Greg with us on Christmas Day, it was kind of neat to have something to combat that let down feeling I usually have after Christmas. I knew that the day after Christmas, Beth would come. I still had that fun, expectant feeling, knowing there was more excitement to come.

It was a close call, because of snow in Maryland, where they were visiting Greg's parents. She almost didn't make it. But, she did and we were so thrilled to see her and Bella.(Greg stayed and visited with his parents).

It was a whirlwind visit, we had a week's worth of activities to fit into 4 days. We did get most of it accomplished. We got to visit John, Jr in Wilmington, had a girls' night out with my Mom and Anna to see Les Miserables, visited with some of Beth's high school friends and of course lots of play time with the little ones on the new trampoline.




Look at the glee on Abbey's face. She adores her sisters.

 All too quickly, it was time for Beth to head back north, and Christmas was truly over..bummer!

But, I'm so thankful for all the memories we were able to make and discussions we were able to have. I'm thankful for my son in law who recognizes how much it means to us to be able to see Beth. We missed him, but I understand completely and am just grateful that he's ok with sharing her a little with us. 





No comments:

Post a Comment