Tuesday, November 3, 2020

The newly Mr. and Mrs. explore Charleston with us~ March 15,2020

After a night in an air bnb, Mom, Dad and John, Jr. were ready to head back home. John, the kids and I decided while we were in Charleston, we would try to take in some history. We wanted to go to Fort Sumter, but were not able to. We decided to take a horse carriage ride and explore the area. To our happy surprise, Sara and Daniel decided to join us. We had such wonderful time.  Our guide was entertaining and very knowledgable, and Sara filled in with some interesting details. It was a lovely day.



























We had quite a bit of cake left over, since the bride and groom never got to have the "first slice" ceremony, we suggested they do it there...yes, at the battery of Charleston. They both went for it with gusto, such fun to watch. John and I are tickled with our new daughter in law. She's beautiful, smart and loves to have fun!
Welcome to our family, dear Sara!






I'm so happy that Sara's dad got to see her get married before he passed away. Although does make me sad that we didn't get to have a celebration, I'd much rather her dad get to be there. God was faithful! I look back at the invitations I had made, addressed and had ready to go...oh well, it's not that important in the grand scheme of things.


and tried on my dress one last time before returning it to the store...

                                                    


                                                                   
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment