Wednesday, August 23, 2017

The Tarheels Win It All! ~2017






UNC men's basketball team did it! They won the NCAA tournament in a victory over Gonzaga 71-65. In our family's brackets, I proved that it doesn't take any basketball knowledge to predict winners! I handily won it. Everyone laughed at me when I predicted Gonzaga to win it all? (I'm glad I was wrong on that one).

I posted this on my Facebook page the day of the game...




The kids and I were able to go to Chapel Hill to welcome the team home. (John had a meeting and couldn't join us). I think it went a long was toward indoctrinating our little Tarheels!

We parked on Franklin Street and ate at a Chinese Restaurant for lunch.


There was a huge line just to get into Johnny T Shirt. I made a good decision and ordered our shirts online before we left that morning.



We had great seats once in the Smith Center. Elijah and I were on the news on several stations.









It was a lot of fun. At the end everyone stood and sang the Alma Mater, major chill bumps for me!

It was a great day to be Tar Heel born and bred!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment