Saturday, March 21, 2020

The big 13 birthday train!


Abbey turned 13 this year, but a one day celebration just wouldn't do! Nope! She had several celebrations to celebrate this milestone. The first one was her party. She wanted to invite all of her swim friends, and I didn't want to have my house invaded with up to 25 preteens, so she decided to have it at our pool, which closed the first week of Sept. So we had it on August 22nd. Right before the party, the sky darkened and it thundered and lightninged. They closed the pool deck. After pulling some strings, I got permission to go under the cabana and set up the party. It was touch and go, but in the end, the weather cleared, the pool reopened and the party went on without a further hitch!

I made the "pool cake"


 Abbey helped prepare the food.
 My veggie fish















On September 6th, we celebrated her actual birthday.

breakfast in bed as usual



From someone whose mom makes cakes, she wanted a "store bought cake" for her family celebration.


SNAP had already started, so we made cupcakes to share with her Geology class.

and the Piece d'resistance....for her birthday she and I attended a "NF" concert (her music obsession  at the time)

Waiting in line to get in. NF did not disappoint this girl. She stood and sang, (if you can call rap singing). She has a blast!

 I was not thrilled with the so called music, but very thrilled to be sharing this experience with my newly teenaged girl!






This young lady brightens her Dad's and my world. We do see little glimpses of typical teenage mood from time to time, but overall she is a joy. She talks to me about everything, the good, the bad and the ugly. I don't take this trust lightly. I'm very grateful for her transparency. Abbey does still have trouble communicating her emotions to others besides me, but she readily acknowledges this fact. She's such a vibrant, beautiful (inside and out) teen. She loves music and chatting with her friends. She's such a joy!!

My teenager...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment