Wednesday, February 11, 2015

UNC vs Notre Dame


One thing that everyone in our family enjoys is attending an UNC basketball game. This year the Rams Club was offering tickets to the game against Notre Dame for a very reasonable price. So, John, Daniel, Abbey, Elijah and I went to the Jan. 5th game. We missed the beginning due to more horrific than usual traffic in Raleigh. But, we still had a great time, even considering the Heels lost by one point!





Elijah really got into it. Here Carolina cut the lead to one.




Tonight for his bedtime song, Elijah asked for "I'm a Tarheel Born"(as he said). I sang the whole song and as I was leaving, I heard Elijah singing to "Hark the Sound"… "Hark the herald sound of Tarheel voices…." The tune was a mixture of "Hark the Sound" and "Hark the Herald Angels Sing".  It reminded me of Daniel, when he was little sang, "I'm a Tarheel born, I'm a Tarheel bred and when I die I'm a dead Tarheel". We all gotta start somewhere! The indoctrination will straighten out Elijah's lyrics in no time!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment