Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The Letter of the Law


Clunk! I shuddered every time I hear this sound of the TV remote hitting the hardwood floor. I've had to replace several remotes after they've been dropped so many times. The kids are usually the culprit, so I told them the next time the remote hits the floor, the offending remote dropper will be banned from touching the remote for several days.

Abbey was the first the break this rule, so she began her remoteless existence...at least that's what I intended.

Miss Smarty pants figured a way to get around her grounding. I walk upstairs and this is what I see.


When interrogated by the warden, the criminal said, "You said not to touch the remote. I did not touch the remote!" We slid the remote onto the plastic top, then dumped it into a pillow on her lap and used the end of a pencil to change the channels.

In spite of myself, I had to admire her ingenuity! I just hope this deviousness serves her well, as when she's older and needs to stand up for what is right in a crowd that is doing wrong!

That girl of my is a smarty pants for sure!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment