Monday, July 9, 2018

The trip of a lifetime! Days 1 and 2

John and I have, all of our married life talked and dreamed of traveling to Europe. I didn't think it would ever happen, but John believed differently. For Christmas this year, he presented me with a plan from a travel agent for us to go to London and then Paris. At first, I was quite reluctant. I worried about Abbey and Elijah and I felt guilty spending the money on ourselves. John had arranged for Anna and Beth to take Abbey and Elijah.

I mulled it over and prayed about it overnight. I then talked to the girls and they encouraged me to go and actually sounded excited to host my youngest two. So, I changed my tune, got excited and started counting down the days to April 11, when we would begin the trip of a lifetime!

I dropped Abbey and Elijah off with Beth in Greensboro. I felt like I had left part of my heart. Leaving them was so difficult. I had asked Elijah not to cry, and he didn't!!

Our wonderful friend and neighbor, Kristi, offered to drive us to the airport. We arrived around 2 pm. The first leg of our trip was scheduled to begin at 5.

Here we are after security waiting to board our flight to Chicago.


We got to Chicago and the delays began. First one hour, then two. Then they brought our waters and snacks...not good! We were so disappointed because we had plans to hit the ground running and go to see things as soon as we got there. We finally did take off and made it to London!!

We stayed at the Grosvenor Hotel. It was super nice, although our room was super small.

Our first view of the hotel.


inside lobby

 our room
 the view from our window




The day we got there, it was very cloudy, damp and cold.

Our hotel was walking distance to Buckingham Palace. There was no changing of the guards the days we were in London, which was a disappointment!













We also took a cab and fulfilled a life long dream of John's.....

Abbey Road!


 He walked it a few times....




People have drawn and scribbled all over the gates to the studios.


We ate at a pub across from our hotel.

The next day, it was off early for another of John's dreams...Liverpool!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment