Saturday, October 27, 2018

Riding the Mimi and Papa circuit--April 19th and 22nd


I'm so very blessed that my children live within a day's drive of me. When Beth was in NY, it was excruciating to have her, Greg and Evie so far away. I was able to capitalize on this by attending 2 of Evie and Laynes activities.

First was Evie's preschool bird program.  Evie was the cutest little chic-a-dee you ever did see! She went in front of the whole group during her turn and calmly said her lines...ending with an adorable sing-song voice saying, "Drink you tea", for the chic-a-dee song. Each kid gave info about different birds. They sang a cute rendition of "Rockin' Robin" and then they got their "Lady Bug Wings", which signify the end of 3 yr old class. I must admit I had to stifle a tear or two.  I was so proud of Evie, it couldn't be easy for a little one to perform in front of a good size crowd. She handled it expertly!







It couldn't have been that long since her Mom was singing and performing??
 
This is Evie's copy of the following art work, amazing! It was hanging on the wall at preschool.



A couple of days later, John, Abbey, Elijah and I got to go to Laynes soccer game. I know absolutely nothing about soccer, except you can't use your hands, and you want to get the ball into the goal. Anyway, I loved watching my sweetie run and kick the ball! Her dad was her coach and they had a practice and then 2 games. The weather is just starting to get warm, so it was nice to be outside. I also got to play with Waverly and Lyra(when she let me), while Layne was taking a break. I'm proud of her and her drive to succeed!



Look at her go!!







I love all of these blessings and their parents! I'm proud of their parent's for getting them involved in extra activities. I'm also so very thankful that I live close enough to go and see them perform!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment