Monday, January 20, 2020

Swimming with Promise House Kids and sticking our feet in the Pacific Ocean

The third day we accompanied the PH kids to a beautiful swimming spot. It was absolutely gorgeous, but the water was nasty. The kids and some of the adults jumped right in. I was a little more hesitant.

The ride there provided an amazing look at Vietnam.



One of the corner "restaurants"







Some of the beauty surrounding the swimming hole...









The kids all played in the water. I got in up to my waist. The murky water and the trash floating in it turned me off. Abbey and Elijah bonded with a little boy, "Home". Abbey had some swimming lessons with him. Elijah taught him the bottle flipping game.

This is one of the shelters overlooking the lake.









 This lady was with her family on one of the little shelters beside us. They were grilling out. I was amazed by her "bathing attire"














We had an authentic lunch there. After lunch, we played group games. The leader came to me and told me that I could go upstairs,  (picture a barn with a hayloft), and take a nap. I climbed the rickety ladder up to see an open room with mats upon which the childrens' house mothers were, indeed, sleeping.




After nap time, the kids played some more and then we headed back to Danang.

After a shower, John, the kids and I went to the beach. It was a short walk from our hotel. It was crowded! We found out that the people of Vietnam swim in the early morning or early evening. They avoid the beach during the day.





We got lost and could not find our group, so we ended up at a Korean Hot Pot. No one spoke English. I used my phone and translated!  It was very different and fun to eat at. Elijah was not a fan!


This is the view from our hotel room.




The Discovery Channel van was a block from our hotel.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment