Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's all about the process...

I had an amazing devotion time today. I allowed Abbey to visit with Kai Lan and Hoho, while I sneaked off to the kitchen to try to hear from the Lord. Boy, did I! I've been reading, Wild Goose Chase, by Mark Batterson. I've really enjoyed it. The chapter I read today talked about Divine delays... ok, I'm so there, considering that I had planned on being in China in July. He quoted Rev. 3, esp. verses 7-8. He also talked about how many times we have our eyes on the end, but to God, getting there is the most important thing. He also stated, "that getting where God wants me to go isn't nearly as important as becoming who God wants me to be in the process". He quoted Oswald Chambers,"What we call the process, God calls the end. His purpose is that I depend on Him and on His power now. It is the process, not the end which is glorifying to God." I then opened my Bible. I've been reading through the New Testament for the past several months. I started the book of Revelation this week. I was less than excited about reading this book, with all the symbols and prophetic talk. But, today, the Bible proved to be the living, breathing Word of God. Remember the Batterson reading on Revelation? Well, guess which chapter and verse I just happened to be on in my travels through Rev.? Yup, you guessed it! Rev. 3. So, I say, "Ok, God. There is something there you want me to really get. What is it?" Then he spoke to me. The Word says, "See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut." No matter how long Ch*na or the US makes us wait, no matter that John has practically been unable to sell anything (thus no commission income), and no matter that our bills and expenses keep right on coming, God has placed this open door and we will get our boy home.

No comments:

Post a Comment