Monday, August 3, 2009

A Great Weekend



Beth and Greg

This weekend was a rarity for our family. All of us were home together. Beth had a friend getting married here in town, so she and Greg came. John, Jr was able to come also. My mom and dad wanted to join the fun, so they came on Saturday. We spent the afternoon at the pool, since John, Jr's birthday is Thurs., we celebrated with a feast of steak and seafood. We sat around the table and shared many funny stories for a while after dinner. Abbey adores her brothers and sisters. While we were at the pool, I gave her money to go to the snack bar to get popcorn. She marched right up to the window and told the attendant, "I need lots of popcorn, for me and all of us," as she pointed to all of us at the table. It was quite cute! She spent the evening entertaining us, with her gymnastic prowess. I'm so blessed! My family is wonderfully special. It amazes me whenever I get to see them all together to see the love they have for each other. There was a time when they were growing up that I thought they would never, ever be able to be in the same room without trying to kill one another. It brings me such joy to watch them grow! Children really are a gift from the Lord!
But as I type this, I'm feeling rather depressed. The time flew by and before I knew it, everyone was gone. The house is eerily quiet now. Anna has gone on a retreat with the youth interns, John has to travel for work, and Daniel is busy helping out at the church. So, that leaves me and Abbey. We will definitely be going to the pool tomorrow. Let's hope the weather cooperates.


John Jr.

Anna had to work. She had cleaning duty.

My Mom


















No comments:

Post a Comment