Monday, August 31, 2009

Because...

This is the verse I read today: "I will exalt you, my God and the King; I will ever praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts.
Psalm 145:1-4
Yes, we got our Travel Approval today. I got the call about 12:30. The phone had only rang once before the agency called, and it was John checking. I'm afraid he didn't get a very cheerful greeting. But, the call finally did come. Our agency is requesting a consulate appointment for 9/23, and we will leave on 9/10. Yep, that's right, only 10 days away! Will I be ready? I'm not sure, but ready or not, we're going to China!!!
Beside this verse, I had written the date of 5/25/06. I also wrote that I wanted to remember to tell Abbey how God had moved to bring her home. Today, when I saw this, I thought that no matter if we got our TA or not, I was putting this verse on the blog. So many people have come up to us that didn't know about our current situation and said, "God put you on my heart this week, I felt the need to pray for you." We knew that whatever the answer is regarding our TA, God was in control. This has become part of our faith story, that we will indeed share with Elijah.
Now for the details. We really don't know details yet. We do have to get a consulate appointment and book tickets. I'm not sure if it is difficult to get a consulate appointment or not. We will not find out until Wed. (Our travel coordinator is off on Tuesdays...heavy sigh). But, again, the Lord is in control. Those who have been praying for us, please don't stop. Please pray that the consulate gives us the appointment that we need.

2 comments:

  1. And I'm excited for you ~ so glad to hear your news today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you!! We got our TA today too!! Our agency does travel in Oct and our tentative dates are Oct 7-23. I really hope you get to go in Sept,,will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete