Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Another milestone

Today, Anna started her senior year of high school. Like all kids, she's been looking forward to this day for quite a while. The tradition at her school, is for kids to decorate their cars, go to the Senior breakfast and then parade to school for the first day. Last night, Anna and some of her friends got together to decorate their cars. I went over and took some pictures. The pictures aren't very good quality, but I need to document this special occasion. I know from experience, that I will blink and the next thing I know, I'll be blinking back tears as she walks down the aisle to get her diploma. It's so funny how things work. About the time that they are a pleasure to have around again, they graduate and leave! Anna and her car
Anna and her buddies






The balloon arch at school.
(I had to take Daniel to school today. When we drove in, Abbey said,"Look.... much, much balloons!")
I went to the store today and heard moms talking to each other, not even trying to hide their glee at the fact that their kids are back in school. I guess I'm weird, but it makes me incredibly sad. I love having them around the house during the summer. I miss them when they go back. From the moment they are born, they are striving to become independent. To me, parenting is a great paradox. There is intense pleasure, as well as intense pain as you watch and help them to grow up and take care of themselves.
Congratulations, Anna you're one step closer!! I love you and am proud of you.








No comments:

Post a Comment