Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Carolina on our minds



"In my mind I'm gone to Carolina. Can't you see the sunshine? Can't you just feel the moonshine? Ain't it just like a friend of mine, it hit me from behind. Yes, I'm gone to Carolina in my mind."~ James Taylor



 To say we bleed "Carolina Blue" is an understatement. A few days before Beth flew home, she posted this link on Facebook ~Nothing Could Be Finer This started us all longing for another visit to that great University. John and I met and graduated from there, as did Beth. There is just something about that place that stays with you long after you leave it. Since our new church is very close, we decided to spend Sunday afternoon in "Blue Heaven".

Ahh, the memories! As I walked the brick lined walkways, I remembered how John and I used to dream of the day when we would bring our kids back here.


















 Abbey and Elijah thoroughly enjoyed themselves. They got to

frolic with sculptures


 climb statues


and just be goofy!


Some serious poses:




Beth treated us to her favorite old stomping ground~ The Yogurt Pump. We all enjoyed that! But only a couple of us chose to wear their yogurt.



A walk through the arboretum ended our walk down memory lane. Abbey, Elijah and Beth decided to rest a little bit and take in the beauty.



 "But sometime when the springtime comes and the sifting moonlight falls, they'll think again of this night here and of these old brown walls, of white Old Well and of Old South. With Bell's deep booming tone, they'll think again of Chapel Hill, and -- thinking -- come back home."-Thomas Wolfe, UNC c/o '20

2 comments:

  1. I imagine your heart must have been just about to burst as you walked the sidewalks with your oldest and youngest kiddos.
    What a sweet afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love and miss the South...

    ReplyDelete