Sunday, May 6, 2012

John's big day part 2

The second part of John's birthday celebration took place the weekend following. I planned a surprise party for his/our friends. Our big kids all made arrangements to be there. That in itself was a huge birthday present and he would have been happy with that!





John brought his girlfriend, Sharon, to meet everybody. 
 

Abbey and Elijah were particularly glad to see her again.

I had asked everyone to bring an ice cream topping that they could somehow relate to John, and we would have ice cream sundaes and cake. Everyone came to our friends' Kristi and Ian's house. When all were there, Kristi would text me and they would walk over, ring the doorbell, John would open the door and ...surprise!

It worked like a charm. He was totally caught unaware.
He actually was on his way upstairs to put up his shoes when the doorbell rang.

Everyone waiting outside



I made the cake, no it's not a fish!

They fun part was the "roasting" topping stories. Lots of pokes and jabs, all in fun. John told me that he felt very special. That was my greatest desire. He is special. He's my buddy, best friend, adviser, personal comedian, the one that makes my heart skip a beat and next to the Lord, he is my everything! I'm so incredibly blessed to have him as my partner in life. I wanted his 50th birthday to be one where he felt loved. We have some great friends who were ready and willing to join me in making sure John's 50th birthday was special! We both are so thankful for our friends and family!


1 comment:

  1. Thinking back on John's birthday party seems like a good time to let you both know how thankful we are to have you in our lives. You and John are role models and just plain fun to be around.
    Happy birthday John!

    ReplyDelete