Monday, February 17, 2014

About my Valentine….


This Valentine's Day was spent by me sacked out on the couch with a stomach bug. My husband, however, didn't let it slip by. He brought me these beautiful flowers.


It's taken me a few days to recoup, but I didn't want to let the holiday slip by unnoticed, without sending my honey a Valentine.

This picture hangs on our wall.



It is entirely true, but our marriage is so much more. He is my best friend, but that is just the tip of the iceberg. Our marriage is the base of all I am. I'm only half of a person when John's not with me. No one can make me as angry, or as happy as he can. There's a peace when we're together. We don't have to say anything, but there is never a time where we're grasping for something to say. Every single day, I look forward to John coming home from work. Because of John's commitment to our family and me, I've been able to achieve my dream of being a stay at home mom. I recognize that he sacrifices daily so that I can live my dream.

Oh, the places and things we have seen together! We've been on mountain tops as high as Everest, and some pretty low valleys. During the highs, life was wonderful, and we praised God together. During the lows, we cried together and prayed for the strength to endure. The highs were greater because we were together, and we survived the lows because we were stronger together.  Both the good and the bad have given us a strength and a bond.

We've tried to weave a 3 layer cord with the Lord at the center. Not that we always accomplish this, but God is always faithful, even when we aren't. We both recognize that our marriage is something special, but it's not bullet proof.  Neither of us are perfect. At times we both are selfish, inconsiderate and just plain 'ole stubborn! I'm convinced it is at those times that God reins us in and pricks our hearts to seek forgiveness from each other and Him. I pray that we always remember that we are one bad decision or one selfish action away from disaster and need God's grace and shielding to keep our marriage.

 So you see my Valentine is pretty special! He's my Valentine on February 14 and 364 other days of the year. I'm so very thankful for the events that led to us meeting almost 34 years ago. Looking back, I can see the hand of God, because I made a decision that was completely out of character for me at the time. I'm immensely glad I did!

John William, I love you with all that I am~ now and forever!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment