Monday, November 13, 2017

He's a mama's boy!


I'll be the first to admit that I fought John against his desire that our next dog be a German Shepherd. I'll also be the first to admit, I'm glad I lost that fight! (technically, I didn't, he's a Belgian Malinois and Shepherd mix, much prettier than a plain old Shepherd)

Solomon has stolen my heart. He's funny, sweet and a bit of a loon. He's also fiercely protective, yet also pretty obedient. Most of all...he loves me!

John or the kids can say, "Go see Mommy." , and this fur-ball runs to find me so I can pet him. If I'm sitting in the chair in the den, I have to be careful. He's been known hoist all 86 pounds of his furry self into my unsuspecting lap.

Mr. S Man is also such a creature of habit. Every night around 11:30 he goes to the door waiting for John to take him on his nightly walk. When they get in and he's unleashed, he goes to the dining room door and looks back at John, basically saying, "Are you coming?" When John makes a move to go upstairs, Solomon races up and waits outside his crate for John to put his bed in. My favorite habit is his morning ritual.  Almost every morning as he's let out of his crate, he comes to me and wraps his forelegs around my arms, propping himself up while I scratch his belly. His ears are flat back and I swear his eyes are saying, "I love you", as he reaches and gives me a lick on the face.

Yep, he's got me wrapped around his big 'ole paws! (literally and figuratively)







Who was that person that didn't want a German Shepherd???





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment