Sunday, November 12, 2017

Summer service


I was looking for something that the kids and I could do to take our eyes off of ourselves and help someone that was less fortunate that we are.  I discovered that the Dream Center has a summer "Read and Feed Program" for underprivileged children every week. I decided that would work perfectly for us.

Elijah jumped right in (read...he has never met a stranger), but Abbey was a bit reluctant. She finally did join in and read to some of the kids.


The kids come in every week and read, or are read to,  and the food bank serves them lunch. During lunch I told them a Bible story. At the last meeting, they were given back packs and I had the privilege of sharing God's plan for them through the Gospel.

It wasn't easy to show up every Monday, when we would have rather gone to the pool, but we were obedient, (not always cheerful, though I hate to admit). In the end, it was edifying for us and I was glad that we participated.


















Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment