Sunday, November 5, 2017

Mother's Day and Waverly's 2nd birthday


They know me so well, and that was reflected in their Mother's Day gifts....

I would never request that any of my children give me gifts for Mother's Day, but when they spontaneously do so, it really makes me feel loved! This year all of their gifts reflected how they all thought about me and the things that I like or enjoy.

Anna gave me a beautiful arrangement from edible art. She knows that I constantly stress about my weight and watch what I eat.


Beth gave me an NC plaque and a small knick-knack for the beach house. She knows that I love NC and also love decorating with sayings.


Daniel gave me a note guaranteed to make the most hardened mom cry and a coffee cup. He knows that I love sentiments written from the heart, along with chocolate and coffee.




We all got together to celebrate Miss Waverly Jade's 2nd birthday. Evie had been staying with us while her mom and dad were in Spain. She met us at Anna's to get Evie-boo back. Beth's fur baby, Bella also stayed with us.

Waverly had requested a ladybug cake. Easy-peasy, as I had done one a few years ago. I made the cake a couple of days before Waverly's birthday.

She even got to help me make it!




The next night as I'm walking by the dining room table, where I had placed the cake. This disaster met my eyes!



I was shocked. I just couldn't figure out what had happened. There were no crumbs on the floor. Solomon had been locked up. The kids couldn't have done it.... we had no choice but to surmise that this seemingly innocent canine had devoured my cake.



Yep, Bella boo, the dog without a working liver, who barely eats anything had chowed down on some strawberry ladybug cake!! She had to jump onto the chair, then onto the table and stand on the table to eat the cake!! Incredible!! I immediately called Beth and explained what had happened, as I was worried about her getting sick. I needn't had bothered, she was perfectly fine! Even a little more perky than she had been before!

I lopped off the eaten end and redid the cake...it was all ok in the end!






We gave Waverly a water table. Papa and Uncles John and Daniel had a bonding experience as they put it together.



When we got to Anna and Jamie's house. We found Waverly sequestered in her sister's special closet helping herself to her sister's make up. She's such a mess! So much fun to watch...as long as you aren't her older sister! But, Layne really took it well.




I got a late mother's day present... a picture of me with all of my blessings!



I love them all so very much!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment