Sunday, July 10, 2011

And it begins again...

So, one daughter married and another to go, IN FIVE MONTHS! Crazy, I know, but it is a reality in our family. Anna is getting married in November. We had asked Anna not to spend any money until Beth's wedding was done. So, with Beth's wedding done, we went wedding dress shopping. Anna made an appointment and we invited Nana and Grandaddy. With Abbey and Elijah tagging along, we went dress shopping. We arrived on time and were told to start looking that someone would help us shortly. Well, shortly turned into longly and we had waited quite a while, 1 1/2 hours to be exact! I was getting a little impatient and made that known. Someone finally started helping us.

Anna did find her dream dress. I can't reveal pictures of that one, but I can show you the ones that didn't make the grade.
Too poofy

Too frilly

I don't remember what was wrong with this one, but she didn't like it.

The very first dress she tried on was the one she wanted. She tried several one, but her heart was already stuck on the first one. She kept trying on more dresses,(I think to try to find one that my Mom and I loved). Finally I told her that it was her dress and she should get the one she liked, not us. So, she got the first one.

They took forever getting things all together. Our swim meet the previous night had been postponed because of weather. We were swimming that night. I'm the team coordinator, so I have to be there and be organized and ready to go.

I had just about had it with that store. First they made us wait an hour and one half after our appointment and now they were dragging their feet as we waited to check out. I blew a gasket. I started talking loudly about how we had to wait and how ridiculous it had been. Anna said I embarrassed her. I regret that, but they totally deserved every ranting word I said. They apologized profusely and gave me 40.00 in gift cards to Shutterfly.

Abbey and Elijah did wonderfully considering they hadn't had a nap and had been in that store for 3 hours. They did a great job of entertaining themselves.

A little Skittles bribery going on

They drew

Performed many shows in front of the large mirrors

They were also human vacuums going all over the floor looking for "Treasures", ie lost bead and sequins. They really did well considering.

Nana and Grandaddy
He got a little punchy with the wait


Oh, well, I wasn't please with the service, but Anna got the dress she loves and we all survived!

One item checked off, many, many more to go.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment