Monday, July 11, 2011

Homecomings!

I love airports, especially our local airport. I see them as delivery rooms. You know the feeling that you get when you go by the nursery at the hospital? I get that feeling too, but I also get it whenever I go to the airport.

I've had the pleasure, along with John, to visit the delivery room for two families this month.


The first family brought home two treasures from Ethiopia. Their journey to bring their kids home was full of roadblocks. I, along with our entire small group have prayed so fervently for these little ones to come home. When I saw this family coming down the airport hallway,

I just couldn't stop the tears from welling in my eyes. Their Mommy and Daddy had prayed and worked so hard to get them home.

These wonderful babies are certainly worth all the work!

A couple of weeks later we went back to the airport to greet this new family of 6,


They already had 3 children from China. We got to watch as God placed another precious little one on their heart.


 I marvel at the children that have joined their forever families. The reams of paperwork, the financial sacrifices, the jet lag, the prayers, and the sheer torment of waiting, remind me of the relentless way that God pursues me and you. He will work and work until he has us safe in His family. What a beautiful picture of our God's love for us is painted by adoption!

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
John 14:1


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment