Friday, September 23, 2011

Looney Bonding

My husband, being the good Daddy that he is, has passed on several traits and traditions to our kids which I recognize as wonderful. But, there is one that most of my kids share to which I just can't seem to recognize the appeal---watching Looney Tunes.

I'm just not a cartoon kind of gal. I've never really appreciated the fact that the Road Runner gets away every time. I feel sorry for the Coyote, poor sap. I'd want to catch that doggone bird too, with that incessant "Meep, meep!" Maybe I'd mix up a batch of "Acme Dynamite" for myself and try to blow that running feathered nuisance to "smitherinies"!   I do think Porky Pig is cute, but Bugs, well, Bugs is sometimes just plain 'ole mean. Suffice it to say I didn't spend my Saturday mornings growing up watching cartoons. But, John on the other hand, loves the old cartoons. He's made sure that all of our kids have been exposed to a little bit of his childhood culture.

There are a couple of things that I can appreciate about this "Loonacy", though. The shows are always clean and they only last thirty minutes. The main thing that I've grown to like is the bonding factor between my bigs and littles.




It definitely does my heart good to see those two sitting together sharing a laugh!

So I guess I'm a little bit of a Looney Tunes fan myself! Just don't tell anyone, ok?



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment