Saturday, November 10, 2012

We can all do something...

As anyone who has read my blog knows, John and I have been blessed by enlarging our family through adoption. We have been given so much through these two precious little former orphans. We both share a longing, a passion, a heart's cry to see orphans taken care of. Our ultimate prayer would be that there would be no more children in the world who don't know the love, care and protection of a mother or father.

Most people that I talk to say that they can't afford to adopt. I understand this fear, but I can tell you that through the past six years, I've seen time after time where God has provided the funds needed. When we started the process to bring home Abbey, we didn't have the money either. God miraculously provided, and I've seen Him do so over and over again. There are several organizations that sponsor adoption grants. Please don't let money, or the lack thereof, stop you! God's heart is for the orphan! He wants his children to take care of the "least of these".  He will faithfully provide for what He calls you to do! I've seen it with my own eyes!

If you know that for some reason, God isn't calling you to adopt. I'll just about bet he is calling you to do something for the fatherless. There are several worthy agencies that minister to orphans that could use your help. You can give as little or as much as you can. Maybe you want to invest your time? Several of these agencies encourage regular folks like you and me to go and serve in orphanages. One such agency is ORPHANS VOICE. John and I support Orphan's Voice. They are doing extraordinary things in an Asian country. We personally know the director and he is an extremely Godly man, whom God has called to give up everything and minister to orphans, the handicapped and the extremely poor. Another great agency which has a presence in several countries is INTERNATIONAL VOICE OF THE ORPHAN.

Two other agencies, AN ORPHANS WISH and NEW DAY FOSTER HOME, help orphans in China get the surgeries they need so they can be adopted. Visits to either of these websites will touch your heart, Both of these agencies need money to get the medical care these sweet babies need in order to get a forever family.

There is a new program run by Love Without Boundaries. This program is trying to get money to provide a warm coat and thermal underwear to orphans in an orphanage in China. THIS LINK will take you to their website. There isn't a huge financial obligation with this project, but you can't put a price on keeping a little one from freezing this summer.

I firmly believe that God's heart is broken for the fatherless. His Word tells us repeatedly to take care of the widows and orphans. I've see Him move in might ways to bring adoptive families together. Please, if He is speaking to you, listen and act!

If you have any questions that I might be able to help with, just leave me a comment. You can mark it as private, if you want, and only I'll see it.




No comments:

Post a Comment