Saturday, April 13, 2013

Abbey "meets the masters"

The kids and I took advantage of our home school support group's co-op this semester, and I'm so glad we did. Both of the kids loved it and the programs offered greatly enriched them.

Abbey's favorite class was titled, "Meet the Masters". They studied famous artists and created some art of their own. Abbey's favorite artist was Van Gogh, and her second favorite was Picasso. She enjoyed creating her own version of a Picasso:


and Van Gogh's "Starry Night"




Her writing has greatly improved this year also.

This was her sheet of "y" words

Both kids love to get in touch with their artistic sides.

Painting with vegetables
I'm not very artistic by any means, in fact, I could be considered as having art-deficit disorder, but I really do enjoy seeing my kids get into creating their own art. Their creativity amazes me. I'm glad that my ineptness doesn't hinder them!


No comments:

Post a Comment