Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Evie Claire Firsts


Christmas was so rushed and busy, I felt that I really didn't get a chance to visit with Beth very much, or hold Evie Claire as much as I would have liked. So, when Beth mentioned that Greg was going out of town for a few days and she and EC might come to visit us, I was thrilled! (Sad for Greg, but happy for me)

This is how a Mommy of a wee one travels.

For four glorious days, I got to love on Evie-Claire, visit with Beth while giving her a little bit of a break to do things like take a shower and actually dry her hair afterward. Little things that aren't necessities, but sure do make you feel a little better about yourself.

We took everyone to the indoor pool.


Anna and Layne joined us there.



Evie tolerated the pool.



She survived a "dunking"


All that swimming can plumb tucker out a baby!



Layne is shaping up to become quite a "water bug"






Abbey and Elijah got to work on their swimming skills



On dry land, Abbey and Elijah figured out how to make Evie Claire smile.


and what a precious smile it is!


Beth and I got to catch up on Downton Abbey. Neither of our husbands appreciate this fantastic show.

After four short days, it was time to say a tearful goodbye, (as all of our goodbyes are).

One last cuddle..

Evie was sad to be leaving her Mimi(at least that's what I want to believe)

and kiss




and then they were off to the big city.

I loved being able to spend time with Beth, to help allay some of her fears about motherhood and cheer her on. To hug her and let her know she and Greg are doing a fine job. To let her know that her fears are normal, and answer her practical questions. While I rejoice in these times, it's very difficult not to dwell on how much I miss because of the distance. I'd love to be able to have these conversations more often. But, I need to put on my big girl panties and be grateful for the smallness of today's world. Grateful that we can talk over the phone, even see each other over the phone, and stay in almost constant touch, all the while anxiously awaiting the time that we are together again!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment