Sunday, April 27, 2014

Birthdays and Dancing


April is a busy month at our house on the birthday front. John, Sr. and Anna both were April babies. Because Jamie was working out of town, Anna came over for a birthday dinner at our house, followed by strawberry cake. (I didn't have any birthday candles, so I had to improvise with a candle from the mantel)

The big candle required extra help blowing out.


Once again, I realized how blessed I am to have Anna and her family living close by. I really don't take it for granted. I'm so grateful that I get a front row seat while watching Anna grow as a mother. (and of course, I love, love, love getting to help take care of that precious little one!)

We didn't get to linger over dinner though…
Abbey's Chinese dance group had been invited to dance at an international festival, but until the last minute it wasn't for sure they would have enough girls to dance. They ended up with Abbey and one other girl. They both really wanted to dance, so dance they did!





Can you tell she enjoys performing?




Layne loves on Elijah while waiting to see Abbey dance.



A couple of weeks later, John, Sr celebrates another year!

He wanted fried chicken and fixin's, so he got fried chicken and fixin's for dinner. Fixin's included bacon cheddar potatoes, biscuits, and green beans.



While on a recent business trip, John had eaten a new dessert, Napoleon. He raved and raved about this dessert and really wanted to have some again. After looking it up online (I'd never heard of it), I realized it was beyond my culinary ability, so I was determined to find it already made. I looked online and began calling Italian bakeries and restaurants. After talking to about a gazillion, I found a small little Itailian cafe than actually had Napoleon. So the kids and I trekked out and scored some Napoleon.


As we were finishing up dinner, I noticed our dear friends and neighbors coming up our driveway.



What a special treat, being serenaded by 5 little kiddos and their parents! They came over and sang "Happy Birthday" to Mr. John. After the family sang, their parents asked the kids how old they thought John was. Caleb, their 7 yr old little boy, chimed in, "About a hundred!"

Not quite a hundred, but we've celebrated quite a few birthdays together. Lord willing we will have many, many more to come!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment