Monday, June 23, 2014

I did, I do and I always will!


When John and I were dating we would occasionally go and see his brother's band play at a local nightclub. I love to dance and John would humor me by shaking a leg out on the dance floor.  His brother's band played top 40 and beach music. These weren't really John's favorite types of songs, but he learned to shag,  pasted a smile on his face and joined me on the dance floor. (Further evidence of his love for me).  One of the songs the band always played was this:


This became one of "our songs".

Today, on our 30th wedding anniversary, this song comes quickly to mind. It's so very true. Everyday I'm more in love with, more dedicated to, more proud of my husband. Back when we were shagging our hearts out to this song, I couldn't imagine the depth that our relationship has attained over the past 30 years. We can finish each others sentences and often anticipate the other's thoughts almost before they are thought of. Of course, we don't always agree and that's not always a bad thing. Ruth Graham once said when asked if she and Billy had disagreements, "if two people agree on every thing, one of them is unnecessary".  

My heart still gets excited to greet John everyday after work, and when we have to be apart,  it's like a part of me isn't there. I thank the Lord for giving us to each other. There is no one else on this earth who understands me like John does, and still loves me~amazing! We've grown up together, in all areas. I look John to be my moral compass, my rock during tough times and my jester during fun times. He makes me feel pretty and appreciated. 

I also count on him to walk a three legged walk with me and the Lord. We've been blessed beyond measure in all ways, but most importantly in our devotion to each other and God. I pray God's protection around us and our marriage. I know it's been there in the past and count on it for the future. Thirty years is a heck of a long time, but it's really been a blink! Life with my honey is wonderful and gets better every day! 


John, thank you for loving, cherishing, laughing with, crying with and just doing life with me! Next to my God, you are my everything! I truly do love you more today, than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment