Monday, June 2, 2014

Mother's Day 2014


Like all Mother's Days when you have grown children, this year's was bittersweet for me. I didn't get to spend any time with my older daughters, which was the bitter part, but I did get to spend time with my boys, which was the sweet part.  (I did get to talk to Beth on the phone) We went to the beach, so John could start painting the outside of the house. John, Jr came and gave me a handwritten note that made me get all misty-eyed. Daniel gave me this plaque.



I loved that he thought this saying suited me! He went with his girlfriend to visit her family while her sister graduated from college. He made a special effort to drive back by himself to be with me on Mother's Day.

John, Sr. strongly encouraged me to do what I love to do, (but really have a hard time making myself take the time to do)…hang out by the pool.

That's as much into selfies as I get!

It was way too cold for me to get in, but I got to watch these two knuckleheads play in the pool.


Afterwards, we went to Provision to eat dinner. Again, my thoughful husband's treat, so I wouldn't have to cook on Mother's Day.


I love being Mom to these 6 blessings, and Mimi to two more precious beings. There is nothing on earth I'd rather be or do. I don't really need a day to commemorate it, but it's kind of nice to have one anyway.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment