Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Guess Who Slept in the Big Girl Bed?

Abbey has always had a twin bed in her room. We have talked about the fact that when we get Elijah home, he will sleep in the crib and she will sleep in the big bed. Well, Monday night she woke up and I was so tired that I laid in the twin bed with her and we both slept. The next day, she said she wanted to sleep in the "big bed". I told her she would have to stay in it. She said she would. Since we didn't have anywhere to go today, last night I put her in the big bed. I was prepared to be up during the night, or at the very least, up very early in the morning. Well, how shocked I was this morning to look at the clock and see 9:45! I immediately worried that something was wrong. I rushed into her room to find her sitting in her bed, grinning from ear to ear. I'm not sure how long she had been up, but she hadn't gotten out of the bed. What a great start!
Another developmental milestone that isn't so pleasant has begun today. The "Why" syndrome. Abbey has started saying, "Why?" to everything. It is quite annoying. I remember John, Jr. was our first great "Whyer". Once again, I find myself slipping into, "Because I said so..." mode. Otherwise, I'm trying to ignore the "Why's"

No comments:

Post a Comment