Saturday, August 7, 2010

Watch out world, Daniel's driving!!

Leaving the driver's license office. I promise he was happier than he looks here.

Daniel got his license this Friday.  Even though we had an appointment with the DMV, unbelievably, we almost didn't make it, because he overslept. Yup, the day he was supposed to get his license, the day he had been counting down to for months, was a day he didn't respond to his alarm. I had gone to take the little ones to a friend's house. When I got home, (17 minutes before our appointment), I found lazy boy curled up, snoozing away!  Once I screamed at him, he jumped up and we were out of the door in record time.

About an hour later, Daniel was an official licensed driver! While there are advantages to him being able to drive himself, emotionally it is a scary thing to send your child out into the streets while he is operating heavy machinery.  I've done it now four times and I can tell you it doesn't get any easier!

It makes me thankful that the Lord loves him even more than I do, and He will be with Daniel as he sits behind the wheel of that car. Believe me, the saying is true, "Nothing sends a Mom to her knees like handing her child the keys"!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't get easier even for the 4th one? ugh! I was hoping I only had to go through that white-knuckle anxiety one time!!! I guess that's one advantage to having 2 daughters who will most likely never drive?

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete