Saturday, September 29, 2012

Summer 2012

Today's weather warns of things to come~damp and dreary, with a definite chill in the air.  Guess you can tell I don't like fall too much. But golly, I do indeed love summer! This summer is over and done, but we had some great memories to carry us through the long fall and winter.

We practically lived at the pool again this year. Elijah started the summer less than thrilled with the idea of going into water at all if it was more than 2 ft. deep. By the end of the summer, he was relishing jumping in and going under.


He became able to breathe while swimming, which allowed him to swim across the pool.


My little budding fishy even taught himself how to do a flip under the water.

 
Abbey has loved the water for as long as I've known her. As a little baby in China, she adored playing in the pool. This summer she worked on her diving abilities. She mastered a forward flip.


 
Notice the big grin. She's in heaven when shes' in a pool!



After a few owies like this...


She mastered a back dive!



Yep, my kiddos and I loved going to the pool! I hope they don't lose their new found skills over the long break of fall and winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment