Saturday, January 20, 2018

Christmas 2017

Christmas Eve was on a Sunday this year, so we went to church in the morning, just like usual. We had a relaxed day with a little last minute shopping, and then began our usual Christmas Eve festivities.

We read the Christmas story from the Bible, sang a carol and opened presents from siblings.

Then walked and looked at the lights. We had to cut it short, because Abbey has been battling an infection that had infected her heart. She was banned from any exercise.




Then began the Christmas Eve pig out!

Buffalo chicken dip, shrimp scampi dip, chips, cookies, spicy pretzels, cheese whiz, summer sausage and...


of course, horseradish!






Funny...those guys of mine! I love them and their macho attitudes!

It was a laid back Christmas Eve.

Christmas morning was ushered in with our usual tradition of the kids cooking breakfast and bringing it to us in bed. Followed by the gifts from me and John.






Anna, Jamie and the girls came rolling in around 2. I cooked my butt off! We had 3 main dishes!

Lots of food, but lots of relaxed family time. I missed Beth, Greg and Evie, but we did talk to Beth on the phone.




Rolls fit for Hercules







 Lots of sweets for the sweeties

Three of my baby girls decked out for Christmas.



After presents, Abbey, Daniel and John played Star Wars trivia to see who the biggest Star Wars expert is...John won!


I love all of my family so much and am so very blessed to be able to cook for them and enjoy their company!

Daniel stayed until the 27th, and then Abbey, John, Elijah and I went to the beach.

It was boooo chilly!


But, I did get some beautiful sunset pictures.







When we got there, we discovered both of our heating units weren't working correctly. Thank the Lord for emergency heat strips! John was working after the new year, so we needed to stay there.

We went to the USS North Carolina battleship. The kids had never been. It was absolutely frigid outside. Abbey and I spent a bit in the gift shop while Elijah and John explored some more outside.








Then in marched 2018!!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment