Friday, January 12, 2018

Evie's thanksgiving program ,Daniel's coaching and visit with Anna and girls

I was so blessed to be able to take a couple of days and spend time with three of my big kids and their families.

First stop was in Charlotte to go to Evie's preschool Thanksgiving program. The teacher is a Native American from the western part of the US. The kids sang, drummed and were so cute! Evie followed and did exactly as she was supposed to! Afterwards there was a dinner. It was so fun to see Evie in this environment, along with her friends.

During this visit, I really, for the first time, understood how friends have said how wonderful it is to be a grandparent. When Evie saw me, she grinned a huge grin and ran into my arms...what a wonderful feeling! I totally get it!







I spent the afternoon with Evie, Beth and Greg. Then Beth went out with friends and I went to see Daniel do his thing!

His team, UNC-A was swimming in a meet at the Aquatic Center in downtown Charlotte. It was really insightful to watch my boy in his element. I watched his rapport with his swimmers. I saw his exuberance and skill. He did a great job, (if I do say so, and yes, I'm a little prejudiced)!



I went and spent the night with Greg, Beth and Evie. The next morning, I headed home, but stopped off at Anna's...my very favorite cosmetologist!

She gave me a new do!


I loved getting a chance to see my other grand daughters.


I couldn't stay long, because Abbey had her first Chinese Dance practice for the 2018 season.


That night, the kids and I went to the tree lighting at North Hills. A favorite activity is the sledding..







Abbey and Elijah were able to sled several times.  

I must admit, there was a bit of anticipated excitement as they lit the tree in the middle of the shopping center.



It still seemed early(the week before Thanksgiving), but it did make me a bit excited about Christmas!

I'm so grateful to John who stayed home with Abbey and Elijah, so I could visit with the others. I'm also ever thankful that they all live close enough for me to see them within a days travel!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment