Sunday, February 3, 2019

Abbey's 12th birthday, Sept. 6 and 8th.

My youngest baby girl turned 12 on Sept. 6th!! She's # 5, and it never amazes me as time marches on so very quickly!

Abbey had a rough beginning of her 11th year, but she has come miles and miles. She's a joy to be around. Preteen years are hard and full of questions. Abbey, isn't immune to this turmoil. How she differs is her desire to share with me. She tells me about her friends, her crushes, her hopes, her fears and her dreams. I love being her confident!

She's doing really well in school and is a independent worker, which is so nice for me. We joined a co-op which has classes all day on Fridays. She loves being with the other kids. I very rarely have to check behind her to see if she has done her work.

She has a pretty close group of friends at swimming and co-op. She's become quite a social butterfly and loves to be around friends. Her main interest is still swimming, but she also really, really enjoys music. Her favorite singer is Ed Sheeran. For a Christian band, she likes to listen to Skillet.

I love this young lady!





She swam a 100 Butterfly for her birthday swim and gave the other swimmers Krispy Kreme doughnuts. He birthday dinner was, of course, Pizza! Abbey would eat pizza 24/7 if she could!

She had a super blast for her birthday party. We had 17 kids come for a Harry Potter inspired birthday. Abbey and I started working on it at the beginning of August. It was a great party, if I do say so myself!

The kids arrived at Platform 9 3/4...

cupcake with rings









 chocolate frogs

pretzel Nimbus 2000




We had a sorting hat ceremony. (The sorting hat's voice sounded strangely like Anna's), she just happened to be upstairs with a walkie talkie.


Then they played quidditch. I made the goals and balls and my dad made the stands.








Waverly was a bit miffed that she couldn't play quidditch. She came and told Anna, "Ok if I can't play quidditch, they can't ride ponies at my party!"


 John refereed.






Lyra wandered around as if she was as old as any of them.

Nana enjoyed watching the kids.

We then had "Potions Class"






We then had a trivia game and ate.

My birthday girl had a blast!



At co-op they celebrated September birthdays.






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment