Thursday, December 16, 2010

Small Group Caroling

I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but one of my favorite things to do is to go caroling. We enjoy meeting with our small group friends twice each month. The group is centered around adoption and care of the orphan. This year for our 2nd annual Christmas party we went to Jeremy and Deb's house. We had a wonderful meal and then went caroling. It was booo chilly outside. Thanks to Jeremy, we went in style. He rigged his lawn mower to a small trailer complete with hay and we went on a hay ride from house to house.


John was too "manly" to ride

Crickett, Kylie, Kristi and Darcy on the hayride

Our doorbell ringing crew

 After ringing the doorbell, they make themselves at home on the porch swing.
At least they didn't try to go inside like one of them last year,
(I won't mention names, but I bet you can guess who)

Some of our joyful gang

Giving candy canes to show their appreciation

After caroling and dessert, we had an ornament exchange

Darcy and Elijah think that Crickett needs some help


This year I was on the ball with the present buying, so I had most of my shopping done, but it just didn't feel like Christmas until after this party.  We all had a wonderful time. We are thankful for our small group buddies!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment