Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thanksgiving memories

Just like my life, these days, my bloggy life seems to be  a day late and a dollar short. Here I'm playing catch up and remembering our Thanksgiving.

The night before, we all went to eat out. It was an interesting experience for John, Jr. He got to find out what a piece of plastic in his food would taste like. He wasn't a fan, and consequently got his meal and a dessert for free.  Despite the interesting cuisine, we had a great time as a family!

On Thanksgiving day, we went to my parents' house. My Mom has been battling some sort of debilitating illness that has zapped her strength. My brother, sister-in-law and I did the cooking. We missed my Mom's specialties, but I think everyone had enough. Because Mom wasn't feeling well, we forwent our movie trip, but the guys (plus Anna) went to play golf.

The highlight of the day was catching up with family.

Betty and Jordan
Smiling, though she felt like poop!
The newlyweds were able to join us.
My big boys
My little guy
Me and my honey  

 (We greatly missed Bethy and Greg, but we look forward to having them for Christmas!)



The other favorite part was...

Eating!



and eating!



Of course, I did pause many times during the day to thank the Lord for His many blessings to me and our family this past year. My cup surely overflows, more than I could ever imagine or deserve!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment