Friday, June 26, 2009

Twenty-Five Years Ago:

I married my best friend! We were so young, we have pretty much grown up together. I look to him for so many things. He is my confidante, my buddy, my spiritual advisor, my partner, my friend, my comic, the one that can make me angrier than anyone else, the one that can make me happier than anyone else, he's pretty much my everything, next to my God. I'm quite certain that God intended for us to be with each other. Even though we've been together long enough to finish each other's sentences, (Sometimes because one has forgotten what they were trying to say, age does that to folks) we never feel bored or tired of each other. It's wonderful when you have someone that you can talk forever with, and just as comfortably, not say a word. I feel that I'm the luckiest girl on the planet to have the marriage that I have. I pray that God will see fit to give us at least 25 more years together.

I love the words of Ruth Graham Bell,
"Too often early love is a mirage built on daydreams. Love deepens with understanding, and varying viewpoints expand and challenge one another. So many things improve with age. Those who abandon ship the first time it enters a storm miss the calm beyond and the rougher the storms weathered together, the deeper and stronger real love grows."

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You guys look like such babes and yet you haven't really changed at all.
    You two are role models in the institution of marriage!

    ReplyDelete