Saturday, November 28, 2009

So Very Grateful!

I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people. (Psalms 35:18)

By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. (Hebrews 13:15)

 As I sat in the car pulling up to my parents' house yesterday, I couldn't help but think about what the day could have been like. We very easily could be pulling up and facing a family holiday without my Dad. He could have easily died when he had the heart attack in March. God has kept him here for a reason, and I'm so grateful that He has. I'm grateful that my Mom, whose health isn't great, is still there to listen and offer me unconditional acceptance.  My heart was sad about John, Jr not being with us. We called him several times during the day, and I missed him horribly. I'm also grateful that even though we were missing one son, we had another son with us. For quite a while it seemed as if we wouldn't be getting Elijah until very close to Thanksgiving, and here he is calling me (and every other female) Mama, and giving kisses and high fives. He already is knitted firmly into our family. I'm so grateful for that. I'm thankful for a little girl that brightens our lives, with her constant witty thoughts and actions.  I'm thankful for a big girl who still shares her problems with me. I'm thankful for a big girl who, though she lives four hours away, will find a way to get home, even if it takes 6 to 7 hours to do so.  I'm thankful for a big boy who loves the Lord and wants everyone else to know Him. I'm thankful for a big boy who, even though he feels awful with an awful sickness, tries to comfort me and  tells me not to cry, he is going to be just fine and to not worry about him missing Thanksgiving dinner, because he  doesn't feel like eating anyway. I'm thankful for the man that God intended just for me to spend my life with. He is my rock, the first person I want to talk to when something great or awful happens. I'm grateful that he shares his ups and downs with me. I'd be totally lost without him.  Lastly, but certainly not leastly, I'm grateful for my God. I'm grateful that he has chosen to show me some of His power. I'm grateful that He loves me and has given me so many desires of my heart. I'm grateful that I don't have to worry, everything is filtered through His hands. I'm grateful that even though I mess up, He will never leave or forsake me. I'm one blessed lady!

Helping with clean up from one of the desserts I made the night before

 
 Abbey and Aunt Betty

 
Beth

 
Abbey and Nana

 
Anna

 
Beth and Abbey playing around

 
Elijah's first Thanksgiving

 
 Elijah with Beth

For Thanksgiving, we went to my parents. There was an overabundance of food and family time. After lunch, the guys went to play golf. We girls usually go to a movie, but because I didn't want to take Abbey and Elijah, they all stayed home with me. Beth's boyfriend, Greg, joined us this year. But, he left right after dinner to spend some time with his family.
Today Beth, Anna and I went to see the movie, The Blind Side. It was a wonderful movie! I thoroughly enjoyed an evening out with my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment