Monday, April 5, 2010

Anna's now 19! April 2


My middle baby girl is now 19 years old! Her celebration started in the morning with the traditional breakfast:

 Chocolate chip pancakes with whip cream, yum, yum!

Sharing some whip cream with her sister

She had requested crab legs and asparagus for her birthday dinner.

Beth came home last weekend for Anna's birthday. She knew she wouldn't be able to get any cheap flights on Easter weekend. The girls spent some time together over the weekend. They had some silly moments:


My Mom and Dad came again this weekend.


  Mom made a cute cake.

It had Peeps around chocolate chips to look like a sunflower. Anna loves Peeps.

John, Jr. wanted to celebrate with his sister. But, when he got here, I took one look at him and knew something wasn't right. He looked really sick. He told me that his throat was killing him. I looked at his throat and felt his lymph nodes. I thought he had strep throat,  and told him to go to the Minute Clinic. He went, but it didn't do any good. The person there told him his throat didn't look that bad and he needed to go to an urgent care for blood work. So, after sitting for 2 hours in an urgent care, he was told he had strep throat!
Obviously, we aren't real pleased with the Minute Clinic. By the time he got done, he just wanted to go to his own bed. So, he drove back to his home. Poor baby. It made me so sad for him.

Before we left we took some pictures of him and the birthday girl:

Notice the weak eyes?

Here are some more pictures of Anna's special day:




We discovered that Elijah absolutely loves chocolate cake and ice cream.

He even picked up his plate and began to lick it!

And we've known that Abbey is a icing freak (she left the cake).


Anna is getting ready to graduate from high school. At this time, she wants to go to cosmetology school to learn to do hair. As I've stated before, she is a very diligent worker. As she gets ready for the next phase in her life, it will be interesting to see where the Lord takes her. On one hand, it's hard for me to see any of my kids grow up and leave me, but on the other hand, it is wonderful to see them become adults. Very bittersweet job, this mama thing. I'm proud of Anna and love to talk with her. (When I get a chance and she isn't working). 

Happy Birthday, my precious Anna, I love you very much!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Anna! Wow--19!!! I can't even imagine...yet. :)

    I like that peeps cake-great idea! So, you almost had an April Fool's baby you lucky dog!ha ha

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Anna! Our kids, and our dog, love you!

    ReplyDelete