Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Elijah's First Haircut

I finally broke down and allowed Anna to give Elijah his first haircut. Well, not really his first haircut. It was buzzed when we got him in China, but this is his first haircut as our son. My older kids have been pestering me about him looking like a girl and growing a "mullet", which, according to them, is a fate worse than death. So, I gave Anna permission to get a little pre-cosmotology school experience.  I expected Elijah to not be happy about this, and he didn't disappoint me.

Even his beloved cheese couldn't make him forget that his locks were being sheared!


Daniel's friend, Caleb, was over and helped keep Elijah from grabbing the scissors

Look, no more mullet
All done, and friends again.



2 comments:

  1. I think Anna can skip her first year of training! She mastered the hardest haircut of all--squirmy, crying kid 101. AND she got the back straight! Quite impressive!!!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I forgot that our esteemed baby sitter and Maya's best friend when we go out of town was going to be a hairdresser. I've got a few little ones with mops she can test her skills with...
    He looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete