Saturday, April 3, 2010

Elijah's Dedication- March 28


This past Sunday, John and I stood in front of our church family and promised to do all we can to raise Elijah under the nurture and admonition of the Lord. The congregation then promised to help us in this endeavor. At our church, we call this baby dedication. It is important to us for several reasons:
  • First of all we are publically saying that we are going to try to lead lives that will point our kids to the Lord.
  • We are saying that we are giving them to the Lord, and trusting in His will for their lives.
  •  We are asking and they are promising to give us assistance as we raise our children.
  • It gives us a specific time to reference to Elijah when he gets older. We can tell him that on this day we promised to raise him to know the Lord and trusted God to take care of all aspects of his life.
For this occasion we were given the task of picking a life verse for Elijah. We picked:

Psalm 27:1
 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
       whom shall I fear?
       The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
       of whom shall I be afraid?

 On stage, I was holding Abbey in this picture. 

We picked this verse especially for Elijah because he is afraid of so many things. Also, our grandest wish is that he will know the salvation of God that comes from Christ Jesus.


Beth was home this weekend. My parents came for the dedication. This gave us an opportunity for taking pictures. We tried to get a combination of everyone.


I love this little one!

I love this little one also!

I also love these two big ones!


The girls

Just me and my eldest

My Mom and Dad with Elijah

All of the girls (except for Abbey, she was too busy running around)

All of the grandkids except for John

Me and my partner for life

I don't remember what precipitated this, but it's cute anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on Elijah's dedication! Perfect verse for him.
    And I love the pictures of you and John...

    ReplyDelete