Monday, April 26, 2010

On April 23, 1962

On April 23rd, 48 years ago, this conversation could have been heard up in heaven:

God: "Down on earth there is going to be a little boy born. I have great plans for him. He is going to serve me and make me proud. There is a little girl down there, who will need this little guy. They both are going to be Tarheel bred, and that will be the method I use to bring them together. They will spend their days growing in love with each other and with me.  The boy will grow up and become a great man of integrity. I will speak to him and he will listen and follow my lead. He will have to work very hard, because I'm giving him 6, yes six, blessings. His life will not be easy sometimes, but it will be full of  laughter! (This guy will surely love to laugh!) He will cherish these blessings, because he will recognize that they are my gifts to him. I'm giving him a lovely voice and musical talent, with which he will use to praise me. He will instill in his children a great love of music.  When things get hard, this fellow will know and call out to me, and I will hear him and answer him. I'm going to be very pleased with this boy...John!"

Yep, I know that is what God could have said about my husband, John. Last Friday we celebrated his birthday. John, Jr came home to celebrate his Dad's birthday. It meant a lot to John to have him here.


The birthday boy opening his present

getting birthday "sugar" from Abbey

getting ready for cake

blowing out the candles

Playing around after dinner. (I think John has always wanted to be a king)

John, Jr and Elijah

After dinner, we had some great family time and then watched a movie. 

Happy Birthday, John, I love you sooooo much!!

1 comment: