Monday, October 24, 2011

Just Keep Spinning......

Right now, in my life, I so identify with the person who kept the plates spinning. I remember seeing performers as an act, try to keep many plates spinning on little rods. They would quickly run back and forth. Just as soon as they got one plate stable, another would begin to topple.


Of such is my life right now.  I'm not complaining, just venting a little.

I find myself chanting, "Just keep spinning, just keep spinning..." In the same vein as Dory from Nemo, "Just keep swimming..."

The plates that I've got to spin: a wedding in 3 weeks (my second daughter to get married this year), two preschoolers still at home, (one taking gymnastics once a week), one preschooler that will not sleep in the morning if any one in the house is awake,  two older kids still at home, a husband who works a lot, working a very part time job (only 7 hours a week) myself, household chores that get worse the longer they have to wait, Bible Study Fellowship,  a senior in high school who is applying to colleges and swimming in swim meets, (both high school and USA swimming), two very hairy dogs, who leave mounds of hair whenever they go, groceries that need buying and on and on.

There are some days that I run from one thing to another all day long. When I feel stress starting to rise, I try to remember what I used to tell my kids when they were stressing. "Inch by inch, life's a cinch, yard by yard, life is hard." I take a deep breath, pray for a calm heart and try to  remember that these are all wonderful things and precious people and I'm very grateful to be able to have these things and people entrusted to me.

Just as long as I don't let any of the plates fall!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I miss seeing you right now dear friend. Let me know if I can catch a plate or two for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, we are living the same life...plates all over the place :) We are blessed. Right? ;)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete