Sunday, March 14, 2010

Six months with Elijah

 Behold his cuteness....



Today marks one half of a year that we've known Elijah. Wow! It has flown by. He continues to grow and learn new things every day. He loves, loves, loves to be held. I'm so glad he's not very heavy, or my back would be breaking. He has bonded a bit more with me and John. We now leave him in the nursery at church and he screams like crazy.  It's a bit ironic, but the fact that he screams means that he has bonded with us, and we can leave him for short durations.  I wait in the hall to make sure he doesn't cry long.

Physically he has gotten stronger and stronger. He still is very much into climbing. He can now walk down the stairs while holding on with one hand. (I don't allow him to do this much, for fear he'll fall)

We have seen an explosion in his verbal skills this month. He says countless words, some more decipherable than others. His name for Abbey is "ahma" ??? Daniel, he says very plainly.

We've had to start putting him in time out. At first he would be so proud to go sit where Abbey goes. So proud, that we figured it wasn't doing the trick. So, we started a new "no-no" spot for him that is more isolated. He doesn't like it at all, so it has been more effective.

 No longer afraid of the patio


Painting with water



Elijah,
I love you so much. You are my little sweetie-pie. I can't imagine life without you. I love going into your room and hearing you say. "Hey!" You are such a beautiful boy. I love the way you love your family. I'm so thankful that God gave you to us!!
Love always,
Mommy


Home for six months

3 comments:

  1. Happy 6 months with such a sweet boy!!!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Elijah, how can it have only been six months? Seems like you've been in our playgroup your entire life now.
    Big kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elijah's a cutie! I was in Guangzhou at the same time (staying at the China Hotel) with another travel group....my daughter is Caroline. My gotcha day was Sept 21...I can't believe it's almost been 6 months. She has changed so much and grown 3 inches since coming home....and, she has lots more hair. My blog is adoptingcaroline.blogspot.com. Oh...and if I remember right, you all are NC fans? I'm the Kansas Jayhawk alum....I'm pretty happy with the NCAA tournament rankings. Take care and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete