Monday, March 29, 2010

Why, yes, I'm a very observant person.....most of the time

You know what they say about pride goes before the fall?  I've always be rather proud of the fact that I notice details and can find things better than anyone in my house. When John looks for something in the pantry and can't find it, I give him the, "Let me look. See it's right here. If it had been a snake, you would have been dead," speech.

Well, I had a little taste humble pie over the past few days.

One day last week, I had to rush out of the house and pick up Daniel from school. Elijah had been playing in the den. I scooped him up and went out the door. On the way to the car, he yelled hello to our neighbor and I talked to her a few minutes. I then put him in his car seat, just like normal.  When Daniel got in the car, he said, "Why is Elijah wearing a single pink tennis shoe?" I meekly had to reply that I didn't know he was wearing one of his sister's shoes.  I looked back and sure enough, this is what I saw....


 Sure enough, there sat Elijah, aka, "the shoe thief", with one of his sister's shoes.

I'd completely not noticed, observant person that I am.

Then, the other day, I went to the hospital to sit with my Mom while my dad had a cardiac catheterization. I reached back to scratch my neck and noticed that I felt the tags on my sweater. I quickly looked and saw the seams. Oh, my! I'd put my sweater on wrong side outward and had worn it that way for most of the day.

Maybe I'm getting old, or maybe just too big for my britches?  Either way I'll think a little bit before I belittle someone for not being able to find something in the pantry!

On a serious note...

My Dad had to have 2 more stents put into his heart., because of blocked arteries.  He had been having chest pain. I'm so thankful that he went to the Dr to check out the source of the pain. He was out of the hospital 24 hours after the procedure and seems to be doing very well.

1 comment:

  1. Good news about your Dad's procedure. Hope he continues to feel better!

    I think the preschoolers/toddlers in your life are sucking the brain cells out (remember that phase?) Once they're older you'll be back to noticing things again! ha ha

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete