Monday, November 8, 2010

Busted!

Don't you just hate being corrected by a four year old, especially when they are correct? I had this unique pleasure, (not) this Sunday.

I was driving home from church with the kids in the back of the car. I approach an intersection. The light turns yellow. Seeing the yellow light, I ever so gingerly accelerate... just a little. Just then a little voice says, "This doesn't feel like slowing down." I chose to ignore that little voice and kept on trucking. Again, louder this time and very emphatic, "Mommy, I don't think you are slowing down." I decided to play dumb. I said, "What?" My little back seat driver replied, "I thought you were supposed to slow down when the light is yellow and get ready to stop!"  What could I say?  I was totally busted, but hey, I'm the Mom, so I just said, "Yes, you are." Amazingly, she dropped it at that point.

I just hope when she's 16 she doesn't remember Mom's little indiscretion regarding  the rules of the road!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment