Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Punkin time*

Anna decided to take Abbey and get pumpkins for her and Elijah. They went to the local pumpkin patch to pick them out. I decided that it might be a bit much for Anna to handle both of them, so Abbey and Anna went while Elijah was still asleep. Abbey picked out just the right one for her and Elijah.

Here they are with their pre-carved pumpkins


Cleaning out before carving the pumpkins

Elijah-"There is noo way I'm sticking my hands in that goop! I'll just ride my car and you all can take care of the pumpkin business."

A few days later, our OAKS playgroup got together and painted pumpkins. 

Abbey started with markers

Then switched to paint

I decided that Elijah would stick with markers


Pretty soon, he got bored and looked for new things to do

The whole gang

Abbey and Elijah and the finished products
From L-R Elijah's pumpkin(I carved), Abbey's pumpkin, Anna's pumpkin
 The two on the bottom are the painted ones

Now we were all ready for Halloween!

*Abbey's pronunciation of pumpkin

2 comments:

  1. Darcy had pretty much the same reaction as Elijah. I still need to go through those pictures, but I got one of her looking at me like we were nuts for telling her to stick her hand in a pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're one step ahead of us! I got the pumpkins and the carving kits but our weekend was so completely full with soccer, football, and hockey that the pumpkins are still sitting on the stoop--uncarved. :(

    ReplyDelete