Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wedding memories pt 1

Just in case you haven't noticed I've been on a blogging hiatus. Our first baby, Beth, got married on June 11th. We had lots of adventures and fun activities the week before. But, it severely cut my time  and something had to go. But, I'm back now and will start recounting the week that led up to the wedding.

Things really heated up the week before the wedding. We had been collecting stuff for the wedding and reception for many weeks. You couldn't walk in one fourth of my garage, and my bedroom was full of wine and Mason jars.(explanation later). It really takes a lot of "stuff" to put on a reception for 130 folks. Beth didn't have a huge budget for this wedding, so she looked for ways to cut costs. We did the flowers,decorating, programs, and invitations ourselves. The week before the wedding I was extremely busy painting scuff marks on the walls and generally cleaning the whole house. The Saturday before, as I took the kids to the pool, I sat down and thought, "I don't think I can move another muscle." But, of course, I did. I kept on going, eating Ibuprofen as I went. My  throat began to get scratchy, then progressed from scratchy to down right painful. I wasn't sleeping because of the pain. I was alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen all day and night. John had been urging me to see the Dr, but I "poo-pooed" him and said I didn't need to go, it was just a virus. Then, on Tues. I felt like my throat was so swollen that I couldn't eat at all, so I called the doctor. Low and behold, I had strep throat! I was so excited to hear that news, because there was something that could be done to help me, although I was completely shocked. I absolutely think that antibiotics are a gift from God!

Even though I was on the mend, my diagnosis put a kink in Beth's plans. She was planning on coming home on Tues. Not wanting to expose herself to strep throat, she decide not to come until Wed. She had lots to do, and now, one less day to do it.

About 60 stems of hydrangeas delivered two days early

The first pre-wedding event took place on Thurs. More about that later...


No comments:

Post a Comment