Friday, February 19, 2010

Elijah meets Great Aunt Betsy

My Dad's sister has always had a special place in my life. I have early memories of going to stay with her, before she had kids, and she would let me "rule the roost". Everyone needs someone who will let them "rule the roost", if only, for a short while. Aunt Betsy lives in Mississippi, so I don't get to see her as often as I'd like to.  Her son has a son adopted from China, so she's into Chinese adoption. She let me know that she would be visiting my Mom and Dad and would like to meet Elijah, I gladly met her there. We had a great visit. The kids were well behaved, and showed off for Aunt Betsy.

 
Aunt Betsy, the human jungle gym

  

 

  
Trying on Grandaddy's hat
                             
Me and my youngest babies

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for the Aunt Betsy's of the world! Mine was my Nana D. I miss her so much but most of all hate that she won't be able to see on earth another grandchild-Nadia. We'll have to wait for heaven for that meeting. So glad you guys got to visit with precious family members--what a gift!!!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete