Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Anna's last Sunday as a part of Edge Ministry

Because she is graduating from high school, this past Sunday was Anna's last Sunday as a member of our youth group. It makes me sad. She has grown tremendously and has been given many opportunities to serve. For years, I've been threatening to bring in my cameras. She's always discouraged me, but what the heck, it was her last time, and by golly, I wanted to document it! So I brought both of my cameras.

She sang with the youth worship band for the last time.




They brought the senior class up to the front to be prayed for. It is a large class, they are certainly going to be missed.




With little brother, Daniel

Anna, friend Sarah and their middle school leader, Merritt

Small group leaders, Jami and JoAnn

High school pastor, Andy

Sarah, intern partner and fellow singer

With Jake, also a fellow intern

Our youth group is absolutely amazing. Anna has had the opportunity to leave school early every day this year and work as an intern in the youth ministry. She has gotten great experience planning worship and events. I'm so thankful for our youth ministry and it's wonderful volunteers and staff! 

A side note:  Many years ago, the man who wrote the song,"As the Deer Panteth", Marty Nystrom, came to our church, to give a seminar. In the middle of worship he gave an unsolicited prophesy to me and John. He actually called out our names. We had never met this man before that night, but he spoke God's word to our hearts. He told us that we would see our kids ministering for God in wonderful ways. I felt many times as I've been observing my kids play and sing in the youth ministry that I've seen that prophesy fulfilled. 

Daniel playing drums

2 comments:

  1. Hey Glenda! Can't believe Anna is graduating!! Such an encouraging post though as the boys will be graduating from the children's ministry and moving up into the youth ministry!! Their final Awana celebration was last night! My prayer is that they too will grow in their faith, their love for the Lord and their desire to serve him as I have watched in your kids!!
    Look forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna is a beautiful girl, both inside and out! We are thankful to have her in our lives as babysitter and dogsitter! I mean, does it get any better than leaving your kids with a young woman who loves Jesus?
    Congratulations on graduation Anna!

    ReplyDelete